slide show

June 13, 2012

Decorating with Portraits at Imprintalish!

My name is Lish, mama to two little rascals, wife to one sweet man, a lover of chocolate, a nail polish hoarder, and a sunshine lovin' blogger. Imprintalish is a lifestyle blog with a focus on my crazy beautiful life, filled with photographs and tons of pretty inspiration! 

I don't think that there is a wall in my house that is not covered with a photograph or piece of art (painted by myself or by some little fingers). It just makes each room complete!  The old windows are the perfect focal point in our living room and bring in that rustic feel that I love, plus there's teeny touch of turquoise paint that pokes through-LOVE! They were recycled from our sunroom when we got the old windows replaced and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them as they were coming out of the wall!
I've recently added some family photos to the kitchen as well. Our colorful display wall is the perfect place for photos of the kids eating chocolate cake and grinning ear to ear with their mouths full of food. I really love the old shutter that we have there as well...it's great for sticking holiday photo cards, or photos you get in the mail from family and friends.
Our stairway was one of the first walls that got decked out in photos. I had always dreamed of a big fancy entry hall with a winding staircase and a wall full of photos and frames. Needless to say I don't have a grand entrance like that. But I do have a photo wall running up the short flight of stairs of our 1.5 storey house. The kids love looking at everyone each time they go up and down the stairs.
For me decorating with portraits is such an easy and inexpensive way to decorate and gives us a chance to stop and reflect on the happy moments we've shared as a family!

10 comments:

  1. Love all of these displays :) Great inspiration, Lish. Thanks for hosting the series, Kristine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kristine!!!!! This was a great oportunity and I can't wait to see more from this series! And thanks Kelly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for contributing Lish! Definately inspires me to want to find some old windows for pictures. {smiles}

      Delete
  3. I have always thought old windows would make fantastic frames - and they do! Great series Kristine and thanks for joining in on the networking blog hop - it's always great to discover some amazing new blogs :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Anna! ....and for the kind words. {smiles}

      Delete
  4. I love these ideas! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the window pane ideas! :) thanks for hopping along with us! new follower!

    Tracy
    Dear life from a mom of boys

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the window one, so cool!!

    Britta @ TheHandmadeHouse.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon Kuert24/6/12 2:36 PM

    Hey Kris, love all these wall blogs! Great ideas!! Loved the one with the window and the shutter! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique.